||3.9 (after 5 Semesters)
On field accomplishments:
- Completed 271-of-409 passes for a completion percentage of .663
- Totaled 4,002 yards, an average of 366.3 yards per game which ranked fourth nationally
- Second Nationally in passing touchdowns with 41
- Averaged a NATIONAL best 14.77 yards per pass completion and 9.78 yards per pass attempt
- Third in the nation in passing efficiency (175.66)
- Holds the HSU single-season and career records for touchdown passes (41)
- Ranks second in HSU history for passing yards in a single-season (4,002)
- Threw for 300 or more yards in eight of 11 games this season and 400 or more yards four times
- Threw for a GAC record seven touchdown while completing 28-of-36 passes for 442 yards against McKendree
- Had a career-high 518 yards, completing 32-of-46 passes against Southern Arkansas
- Totaled 466 yards passing, going 30-for-44 with 5 touchdowns against Harding
- Completed 23-of-30 passes for 326 yards and five touchdowns against UAM
- Rodgers threw for six touchdowns while rushing for another in Henderson’s 73-34 rout of Arkansas Tech
Awards and honors:
- One of 8 Harlon Hill Finalists (Division II equivalence to the Heisman Trophy)
- Beyond Sports College Network All-American
- First Team Daktronics All Super Region Team
- First Team Don Hansen All Region Team
- First-Team All-GAC
- Earned GAC Player of the Week honors a record six times
- Two-Time National Player of the Week
- Has a 3.9 grade point average after 5 semesters in Business/Pre-Law
- Transcript includes all A’s and one B
- A 5-time member on the Dean’s List
- A member of the Academic All-GAC Honor Roll
- Active member in HSU’ Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM)
- Mentor for freshmen at the BSM and leads a youth group.
- REDDIE TO SERVE… Community clean-up lead by VP Shepherd. (Yard work, painting, cleaning, good-will.)
- REDDIE TO SERVE… Degray Lake Clean up lead by US Army Corps of Engineers. (Shoreline Clean-up.)
- REDDIE TO READ… Reading program in the Arkadelphia public schools. (Perritt Elementary.)
- REDDIE TO HELP… Winter Wonderland project. (Terminally ill youngster wanted lights in his yard.)
- REDDIE TO TEACH… Arkadelphia P+R Sports Clinics.
- Participates each year in the Reddie Football Blood Drive.
- Assists at the local humane society cleaning pens, as well as wash, feed and walk the animals.
- Has assisted with the building of playgrounds at local schools and community centers.
Comments from her head coach:
Kevin is a great leader on and off the field. He is a class act and is one of those special players that every coach dreams of having on their team. Teammates have a great deal of respect for him. Kevin is very modest and humble player that credits his success to his teammates and coaches. He exemplifies the meaning of the phrase student-athlete, excelling in the classroom, on the field and within the community. I am very proud of everything he does for this University. He is a great ambassador for Reddie Football and Henderson State University.
← back to home